- Does your neighborhood have any covenants or restrictions?
- Are there setbacks that will determine how far off your property line the structure must be?
- Is a permit required to start construction? How much does it cost?
- Does you city have a review process, and if so what information is required? Sometimes plans are needed as well as material samples and colors.
- How often does the review board meet?
- How old are your children?
- What type of activities do you envision the playhouse being used for?
- What will go inside of you playhouse?
- Do you want a playhouse that the children can grow into?
- Will the house be used for something else latter (a potting shed or studio)?
- How long do you expect the playhouse to last?
- Do you need electricity or plumbing?
- Will the playhouse be a main feature of your yard or will it be a secret hideaway?
- How far from your house will the playhouse be? If you have small children, you may want to ensure it is easily visible.
- Is your yard accessible?
- Will the new playhouse need to be portable? If you move, does it go with you?
- What type of house is appropriate for your climate?
- Do you need heating or cooling?